Monday, September 3, 2012

Book Review: Sarah MacLEAN- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake


    "Lady Calpurina Hartwell has always followed the rules, rules that have left her unmarried- and more than a little unsatisfied. And so she's vowed to break the rules and live the life of pleasure she's been missing.
     But to dance every dance, to steal a midnight kiss- to do those things Callie will need a willing partner. Someone who knows everything about rule-breaking. 
      Someone like Gabriel St. John, the Marquess of Ralston- charming and devastatingly handsome, his wicked reputation matched only by his sinful smile.
      If she's not careful, she'll break the most important rule of all- the one that says that pleasure-seekers should fall hopelessly, desperately in love....."

So What Did I Think?

    Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLEAN is a historical romance novel published in April 2010. The excerpt above is from the back cover of the book. I bought this book at  the Dollar General Store for $7.99.
         I actually genuinely enjoyed reading this book, it was well written and the plot was original. I couldn't wait to finish reading it, I think I finished it in probably about 6 hours. It didn't end the way I thought it would, but it was still very well written. I'm not really gonna go into detail because I don't want to ruin it for you if you decide to read it. Below i'm gonna post the nine rules to break as shown in the book.
             Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake
1.) Kiss someone- passionately
2.) Smoke a cheroot and drink scotch
3.) Ride astride
4.)Fence
5.) Attend a duel
6.) Gamble (at a gentleman's club) 
8.) Dance every dance at a ball
9.) Be considered beautiful. Just once.

      I would also like to add that as much as I enjoyed this book I don't think its something I will remember every last detail about. You see when I read a book I usually remember every detail about it, I still remember things about books I read 3 years ago. But unfortunately that wasn't the case with this book for me, but I still recommend you read this if you want to.
     The setting of this book takes place in London, England in April 1823, among the aristocratic society of London. The plot revolves around Callie (Lady Calpurina) a spinster whose decided she wants to have a little fun and makes a list of things lady's weren't suppose to do that she wanted to do. To help her along with her adventures she enlists a handsome marquess famous for his reputation for being a rake, and gets cracking at the list by asking him to kiss her after sneaking out in the middle of the night just so she could mark number one off her list. Jealousy, love, passion, temptation are all a part of this book, as Lady Callie has to decide between following the rules and continue on with her sheltered life or live on the wild side and maybe find love.
      What will she do? Well you'll just have to read to see for yourself.
                                                                  Stay Creative, 
                                                                               Lori Ann                     
       Also contact me:  
                             E-mail:      loriboyd15@gmail.com
                             Twitter:   @LoriAnnBoyd

No comments:

Post a Comment