Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Brenda Jackson- Irresistable Forces

   Today I will be reviewing 'Irresistible Forces' by Brenda Jackson, I got this book through Apple iBooks for free, and it is also available on on Amazon Kindle for free.
    'Irresistible Forces' is the fifth installment in the Steele Series, a series of 10 books. This book is 256 pages long and is a Contemporary Romance Novel.



 Since my e-book version didn't have a blurb, here is one from Amazon that I trimmed down.

"   One week of mind-blowing sex on a beautiful Caribbean island. Of all the business proposals financial tycoon Dominic Saxon has heard, Taylor Steele's is definitely the most tempting. All Taylor wants in return is for Dominic to father her baby. No strings, no commitments.... just mutually satisfying arrangement. Make that very satisfying. For a man with no intention of marrying again, it sounds ideal. Taylor wants a baby, not a relationship. And sexy, intelligent Dominic seems like a man with perfect genes. Turns out, Dominic has perfect everything. Their "procreation vacation" is a whirlwind of sensual ecstasy. but when it's over, will either of them be able to say goodbye?   "

So What did I think?  3 STARS

Dislike: Never finding out about who's the father of Cheyenne's baby.
Like: The happy ending I'm a sucker for families being brought back together. 

    When I first started reading this book I didn't know it was a series, so I might go back and read the others, but I don't think I will. I enjoyed the book, but there really wasn't anything special about it, it's pretty much like any other book published by Harlequin Romance.
    I don't think I'll be reading the entire series, the only other book in the series that looks any good is the sixth book, and that's because it is the book that will apparently tell Cheyennes story, so I'm kinda interested in that.

   Overall I liked the book, I guess i'd probably give it 3 stars, it's not that it's a bad book, it just didn't really blow my mind, or leave me wanting more. From the very beginning you knew what was going to happen, and I prefer something that keeps me guessing, I don't like knowing exactly whats gonna happen. I would probably recommend this book to someone who wanted a quick read, I read this book in about 5 hours

    So that's all for today, I hope you like my little review, don't forget to check back next week for more.    Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you have any recommendations?
                                                                   Stay Creative ,
                                                                                   Lori Ann
   

1 comment:

  1. I will have to check that book out, I am always on the lookout for a good book!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete