Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Book Review: Audra North - A Lesson In Temptation

Today I will be reviewing ' A Lesson In Temptation' by Audra North, Copy received courtesy of Entangled Publishing, LLC via Netgalley.
  
         'A Lesson In Temptation' is a Romance Novel , and it is part of Audra North's Stanton Family Novella series. It is 116 pages long, and took me about an hour to read. After it is released it will be available through Amazon for $0.99 and through Barnes and Noble also for $0.99.





Book Stats

Genre: Romance

Length: ebook, 116 pages

Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC

Release Date: July 14, 2014









Book Synopsis:

Adam Harkness pulled himself out of poverty to become one of the world's most respected Finance professors, but at the cost of his personal life. When a well-meaning friend gifts him with a dance course, Adam decides to attend one class out of courtesy, but no more than that. He has work to do, after all - or at least, that's what he tells himself.

After being bullied in high school, Julie Stanton took refuge in her studies. But now that her hard work has paid off and Julie has found success in her job, it's time to focus on finding the same happiness in the rest of her life.

When Adam walks into the same tango class that Julie signed up for, she recognizes him immediately as the professor whom she had a crush on in college. Both Adam and Julie have proven themselves to be excellent scholars. But when the attraction between them turns into something more, will they be able to open their hearts and learn a new lesson - how to love.


So what did I think? 4 Stars

Like: The well-developed characters.

Dislike: I wish it wasn't a novella, I prefer novels.

Age Rating: 17 & up.

If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you probably know I'm not a big fan of novella's. But every once in a while, a book comes along and makes me not so completely against reading a novella's.
This was one of those books. When I requested this book from Netgalley, I was really excited to read it, but once I found out it was a novella, I was kinda disappointed.

But, once I started reading, I didn't want to put my phone down till I was finished. I usually find that novella's are too short or too rushed, but I think the pace of  'A Lesson In Temptation' was perfect. I really enjoyed getting to know about the characters pasts and getting to know about their lives, while still enjoying an action-packed story line that never stalled.

So would I recommend it?

Of course, I really enjoyed 'A Lesson In Temptation', I'd been in a reading rut for the past few weeks, and now I think I'm reading to get back in the habit of reading daily. If you're looking for a well written, quick read, with well-developed characters, then this is the book for you! On the other hand, if you're not a fan of romance, sex, or cursing, you probably don't wanna read this book because it contains a lot of that.

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC for giving me the opportunity to discover a great author, and possibly a new love for novella's!
Will you be buying this book after it's release? Let me know below!

XoXo,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment