Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Book Review: Carmen DeSousa- She Belongs To Me (Southern Suspense Series)

Hello lovelies, today I'm going to be posting a book review that I wrote way back in February that I forgot to post. I didn't realize till last week that I hadn't posted this review yet, I originally wrote this post for my blog, but then I decided to use it for my guest blog post over on A Topsy Turvy Blog .

 I decided to post it on here now because I'm hoping to buy the other books in the series soon! In last weeks Top Ten Tuesday post I mentioned that I wanted to read more books from Carmen DeSousa and a few hours later she commented on that post and she mentioned me on Twitter! After that I started looking through my draft box and that's when I realized that I never posted my review.

So today I will be reviewing 'She Belongs To Me' by Carmen DeSousa, I got this book through iTunes iBooks for free, you can also get this book through the Kindle app for free.
 'She Belongs To Me' is a Romantic suspense novel, it is part of the Southern Suspense Series. It is 330 pages long, and took me 5 hours to read.

 I've been trying to stay away from book series for a while now, because I'm not wanting to get into another series at the moment.  So I wasn't going to read it for that specific reason, but then I looked at the reviews, and they all said that this could be read as a standalone novel, so I decided to go ahead and read it and I'm so glad I did!

Book Synopsis:

 "When wealthy construction company owner and Charlotte detective, Jordan Monroe, meets Jaynee for the first time he is awestruck and determines to make her his wife. Jaynee, however, has a history she cannot easily overcome and is fearful to submit to love. Jordan succeeds in making her his wife, but five years into their marriage, he realizes she is keeping secrets. Before he can decipher her duplicity, he discovers her unconscious in their home from a gunshot would only hours after giving her an ultimatum concerning their relationship.

          With Jaynee's life hanging in the balance, the mystery of her past drives Jordan to investigate. But what appears to be an attempted suicide turns out to be something far darker. Is someone from her past stalking her? Or worse, is someone close to Jordan trying to kill them both? As Jordan edges closer to the truth, it may be deadlier than he could have ever imagined."

So what did I think?   5 STARS

Like: The ending. I'll explain more below.
Dislike: Nothing.

What I loved the most about this book is definitely the ending. Not only were all the story line's wrapped up, but we were also given a look into Jaynee and Jordan's future. I feel like the epilogue was a brilliant touch, to an already perfect ending.

It's not easy telling a story from different perspective's, but Carmen DeSousa really took it one step further with using "present day" and "how they met" moments to create, a romantic suspenseful novel that kept me guessing til the very end!

I really like that it's a romance novel, but it's not explicit. I really believe that everyone would love this book, even people who usually don't like romance novels. This is the type of romance novel that could be read by people of all ages, and reading levels.

I absolutely loved the ending, it was perfect (already said that, but it's true). At first I wasn't planning on reading the rest of the series, but now I definitely will be, I can't buy the other books right now because all of my money is paying for college apps, but as soon as I get done with that I will definitely be buying as many books as I possibly can!

I wanted to add this quote from the end of the book, I love it.

"And they lived.....
      Life isn't always happily-ever after, rather, loving forever, regardless." - Carmen DeSousa

 I would definitely recommend this book to anyone, it really hooked me, and I couldn't put my phone down. I kept getting mad because my battery kept getting below 10% so I had to put it on charge and stop reading.

So that's all for today, I hope you like my little review, let me know what you think in the comments. Have you read this book? What did you think? Do you have any recommendations?
XoXo,
Lori

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely review, Lori!

    Yes, they are all stand-alone novels. Just make sure you read Charlotte One before Charlotte Two and Nantahala One before Nantahala Two, as they give away secrets from the first books.

    Oh, and don't forget, for the first time ever, Entangled Dreams is FREE today!

    Thank you again for taking the time to read and review. I read every single one of the reviews my avid-reading friends write, so please keep them coming.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reminding me about Entangled Dreams!

      Delete